Chi Omega in 1950

Members of Chi Omega in 1950

Chi Omega, the second national women's fraternity installed at Dickinson, gave its members opportunities to participate in a variety of social and service activities in 1950.  Like other organizations on campus, the women of Chi Omega supported the war effort by sponsoring a French orphan named Marie Claire Geoffrey.  In addition, they volunteered their services at the Carlisle Community Center.  Social events such as the Pledge Dance and Spring Formal were highlights of the year.  The following members served as officers: Victoria K. Hann, president; Marilyn A. Creasy, vice-president; Mary Virginia Baum, secretary; and Betsy E. Howard, treasurer.