Zeta Tau Alpha in 1950

garlowc 4.jpg

Zeta Tau Alpha was the newest women's fraternity on campus in 1950.  After forming the local chapter Zeta Eta Phi Sorority in 1921, the girls decided to become a nationally-chartered charter organization in 1924.  Their projects include supporting Zeta Tau Alpha national projects such as a National Scholarship Fund which has provided funds for more than 300 girls since 1912.  Members of Zeta Tau Alpha who served on the executive board include Helen Benson, president; Pamela Burr, vice-president; Mary Waldron, secretary; and Polly Metzger, treasurer.