Miss Amy Fisher, class of 1895, was the first "regular lady teacher" associated with "this historic old institution." She had been in charge of the study halls at the Prep School, but in Spring 1896 began to teach regular classes at Dickinson. The rest of this entry in the Dickinsonian lauds the College on its liberal views:
"Dickinson has simply been consistent to her vaunted liberal views on co-education. When Dickinson as a university has her Colleges of Liberal Arts, Medicine, Fine Arts, and Law the new woman will also have the opportunity of occupying the executive position in the line of Nisbet, Durbin and Reed."
Location of Document in Archives
Dickinsonian January 1896, page 7.