In 1954, the women of the Pan-Hellenic Council continued their work toward maintaining good relations among all of the women's fraternities and supervising the rush process, which was deferred to the second semester.Â In the fall, they organized two Pan-Hellenic teas, which allowed freshmen women to meet upperclassmen, sponsored the annual Pan-Hellenic Weekend, and sold flowers and Parents' Day and Homecoming.Â The members of the Council now receive Pan-Hellenic Keys, to show their affiliation with the organization and to promote good spirit and cooperation among the women's groups.Â Shirle
In 1953 the Dickinson College Pan-Hellenic Council continued its annually-scheduled activities including Rush, the Doll Dance, and Pan-Hellenic weekend, which aimed to promote interfraternity spirit. The officers in 1953 were Marjorie E. Heymann, president and Shirley A. Holland, secretary-treasurer.
In 1952 the Pan-Hellenic Council was lead by Phyllis M. Lamont, president, and Marjorie E. Heymann, secretary-treasurer, and was composed of two members of each of the four sororities on campus. In addition to organizing the two weeks of fall rush, Pan-Hellenic focused on organizing the all-college Doll Dance before the winter recess. To enter the Doll Dance, participants had to bring a doll to donate to the children of prisoners; attendees were entertained by skits presented by the new pledge classes.