Mary R. Burton Establishes Lloyd Hall, the First Women's Dormitory
February 7, 1905
In remembrance of Reverend J. R. Lloyd, Mary R. Burton donated $5,000 to Dickinson College in 1905. Burton requested that a portion of her donation go to the establishment of the first women's dormitory at Dickinson College. Moreover, she asked that the dormitory be named in honor of Reverend Lloyd.