The members of Phi Mu continued to maintain a full schedule of philanthropic and social activities. They held their annual Pledge Tea and Pledge Formal, intended to present the new members, as well as their Spring Formal, held in honor of the graduating seniors. They contributed to their philanthropies by sponsoring cake bakes and rummage sales, and they visited the Carlisle Hospital weekly with a toy cart. In addition, the members of Phi Mu have embarked upon a mission of friendship with other local Phi Mu chapters, in an effort to bring together members founded on the same ideals.
The Pan-Hellenic council was made up of Pi Beta Phi, Chi Omega, and Phi Mu sororities. The constitution, printed in the 1921 student handbook, details its purpose, officers, and regulations on voting and amending the constitution. According to the constitution, the purpose of the Pan-Hellenic council was to:
- fix the date of pledge day
- regulate the rules for rushing
- regulate any other matters of inter-fraternity interest
- cooperate with college authorities in questions of general college interest
- Ethelyn Hardesty, class of 1902, delivered a poem in honor of the 50th Anniversary of the founding of Westley Collegiate Institute in Dover, Delaware at the Alumni banquet.
- Georgia Cranston, class of 1906, went off to Europe but got seriously ill; thus, she returned to Riverton, NJ where she spent a summer with her sister.
- Carrie W. Woodward, class of 1912, "motored to Homestead...[where] [m]any social runctions were arranged in her honor by the hostess, Mrs. Julia Woodward," a Dickinson graduate from the class of 1909.
In 1951 the members of the Beta Delta Chapter of Phi Mu continued to dedicate themselves to philanthropic and social projects inspired by their national chapter.Â Their philanthropic work in 1951 included maintaining a "toy cart" at the Carlisle Hospital and making weekly visits to a local orphanage.Â Phi Mu pledges participated in the Pan-Hellenic Doll Dance, winning a trophy for their efforts.Â The executive officers of Phi Mu in 1951 were Joan C. Kline, president; Rachel A. Smith, vice-president; Nancy L. Bain, secretary; and Barbara J.
Panhellenic in 1923-1924 consisted of Pi Beta Phi, Chi Omega, Phi Mu, and a local sorority, Zeta Eta Phi. The Consitution regulates the struction of Panhel and also the rules for rushing. During the first week of school, all women participate in a "Little Sister" plan sponsored by the Y.W.C.A. All women in sororities must not reveal their membership during this week.Â After this week and prior to rushing, no new girls and present sorority members may associate socially or discuss Greek life. Bids were sent out the first Thursday after Thanksgiving.
In 1950 the women of the Beta Delta chapter of Phi Mu kept busy with a variety of social, athletic, and service-related activities.Â In the past year they celebrated the 30th anniversary of their chapter's installation, created and ran a "Toycart" in the children's ward of the Carlisle Hospital, and caputred the Interfraternity Basketball Cup for 1949.Â The chapter also held possession of the Pi Beta Phi Scholarship Cup for the third consecutive year.Â Members of the chapter who served as executive officers in 1950 included Rosalie R. Enders, president; Barbara J.