In the 1957 edition of the Microcosm, a new local sorority, Sui Generis, made an appearance. According to the entry, Sui Generis was officially founded on Decemeber 15, 1956 with the goals of forming bonds of loyalty, friendship, and participation. However, the organization had been on campus for some time before this. In 1957, plans were still in the works for a constitution, which would give Sui Generis official representation on campus, as well as permanent meeting rooms. The members' activities in 1957 included providing donations to the campus chest drive and sponsoring a needy child through the Save the Children Federation. The officers of the chapter were Jean Kaas, president; Diane Farquharson, vice president; Jane Pell, treasurer; and Carol Helfrich, secretary.
Location of Document in Archives