Doll Dance 1961
Panhellenic Council sponsored a traditional Doll Dance, which required one doll or stuffed animal as admission.Â Usually held before Christmas, the event was moved to before Easter because of deferred rushing.Â Each pledge class of the five women's fraternities would present a skit at the dance.
The Doll Dance during WWII
Christine Crist (Class of 1946) describes the only dances that took place at the college during the WWII period. In December, the school hosted the Doll Dance in the gym (now the Weiss Arts Center). The Doll Dance was a formal dance for which attendees would bring dolls as a donation to disadvantaged children. The men used this opportunity to "look over the...newest freshmen girls...so we all got a big rush." The Mid-Winter Ball, held in January, was the last dance the college hosted for the duration of Crist's academic career.
Dickinson Hosts Play Day Event for Area Colleges
This Saturday event was sponsored by the Department of Physical Education for the Women and Athletic Council.Â The program included photo opportunities and three games of an identified sport in the morning, followed by a luncheon at the Argonne Hotel, a Round Table Discussion of some type in the Alumni Gymnasium, a swimming event, and a concluding tea in the Women's Apartments in Denny Hall.Â Participating colleges included Lebanon Valley, Bucknell, Susquehanna, Juniata, and Dickinson Colleges.Â Several students served as "chairmen" of various committees, including Margaret Brinham '38 (Gen