On June 4, 1923, Trustee Boyd Lee Spahr asked that the Board of Trustees return to the 1917 discussion on a quota on female students. He argued that the number of female students should be limited to 125 beginning in the 1924-25 school year. Disagreeing with Spahr, Trustee Walter Sounders contended that the number of female students should be capped at 25% of total enrollment. The Board agreed with Sounders and the amended motion was carried.
On June 21, 1919, Trustee Boyd Lee Spahr moved that, "beginning with the academic year 1919-1920, the number of women students admitted to each incoming Freshman Class shall not exceed 25% of the total number of Freshman of the preceding year." Trustess L.W. Johnson and E.M. Biddle Jr. moved to amend the motion by waiting until the 1920-1921 school year. James H Morgan and Frank. B. Lynch moved to table the whole matter. After a vote, the resolution was tabled.
Following their decision not to abolish coeducation but rather to implement a quota on female students, the Board of Trustees discussed living arrangements for women on Dickinson's campus. The president of the College asked the Board of Trustees to turn South College into a dormitory for women. The president argued that Lloyd Hall was too small for the women of the college, many of whom had to find housing elsewhere. Thus, the Board of Trustees agreed and decided to renovate South College with a "moderate outlay of money."
On February 25, 1909 convened to discuss the system of coeducation and whether or not coeducation should be continued at Dickinson College. According to the committee, though men were ardently against coeducation at its onset in 1884, many male students are no longer "irritated" by the presence of women at Dickinson College. However, many male students and alumni were concerned that female students, "have won an altogether disproportionate share of College honors and prizes.
In his annual report to the Board of Trustees, President McCauley announces the beginning of coeducation at Dickinson College. The President asserts that since the first conversations regarding the admittance of women, changes have been made to the college buildings. Such changes include the building of rooms in which to hold recitation. Previously, recitation was held in men's dormitories (a location women in which women were not permitted).
At the previous meeting on June 27, 1878, the Board of Trustees decided to adopt a resolution allowing women to enroll at Dickinson College. They then sent the resolution to the Faculty for approval. After looking over the resolution, the Faculty agreed that the admission of women was not in the best interest of female students. According to the faculty, "there are certain proprieties & adaptations that can not be overlooked.