The 1958 Microcosm entry on Sui Generis, a new local sorority established in 1956, noted that the group "formed a close bond of friendship and have made this the 'coming out' year." The women worked with their faculty advisor, Miss Christian Royer, to create their pin, decorate their new rooms in the basement of Biddle, draw up their constitution, and choose their official colors of dark blue and light blue. Sui Generis was also became a voting member of the college Pan-Hellenic Council this year. Like other women's fraternities on campus, Sui Generis supported various campus philanthropies, and held dessert parties and a formal. According to the Microcosm, the goals of the members were to "promote friendship and foster the ideals of goodwill, co-operation and service on the campus and in the community."
Location of Document in Archives