The members of Phi Mu continued to maintain a full schedule of philanthropic and social activities. They held their annual Pledge Tea and Pledge Formal, intended to present the new members, as well as their Spring Formal, held in honor of the graduating seniors. They contributed to their philanthropies by sponsoring cake bakes and rummage sales, and they visited the Carlisle Hospital weekly with a toy cart. In addition, the members of Phi Mu have embarked upon a mission of friendship with other local Phi Mu chapters, in an effort to bring together members founded on the same ideals.
The Delta chapter of Chi Omega strived to fulfill its national motto of "Hellenic Culture and Christian Ideals" in 1953. This was accomplished through dedication to service activities including working with elderly in Carlisle and supporting war-torn countries with care packages. Their social schedule included a number of events such as the Pledge Dance, Spring Formal, and the Initiation and Alumnae Banquets. The officers of Chi Omega were Ann L. Boyd, president; Kathryn G. Jordan, vice president; Elizabeth A. Hollinger, secretary; and Patricia Kort-Kamp, treasurer.
In 1953, Pi Beta Phi members held a full schedule of scholastic, social, and philanthropic activities. They continued to support their settlement school in Tennessee and they also assisted a struggling German family through connections with one member who was studying abroad there. They also sponsored the annual Pledge Formal, Pledge Tea, Spring Formal, and Spring Tea. The group was led by Ann L. Prescott, president; Shirley J. Chase, vice president; Julia T. Yoshizaki, secretary; and Caroline T. Rhodes, treasurer.
In 1951, the Delta Chapter of Chi Omega maintained a busy agenda of service, scholastic, and social activities.Â They continued to work in the Carlisle Community Center, and in addition they sponsored a veteran hospital bed and contributed to the creation of CARE packages.Â They held roundtable discussions on vocations and held their annual Pledge Dance and Spring Formal.Â Additionally, the Delta chapter was represented nationally, as Delta alumnae Mary Love Collins and Elizabeth Dyer served as National President and National Vice-President of Chi Omega, respectively.Â The officers of the D
Chi Omega, the second national women's fraternity installed at Dickinson, gave its members opportunities to participate in a variety of social and service activities in 1950.Â Like other organizations on campus, the women of Chi Omega supported the war effort by sponsoring a French orphan named Marie Claire Geoffrey.Â In addition, they volunteered their services at the Carlisle Community Center.Â Social events such as the Pledge Dance and Spring Formal were highlights of the year.Â The following members served as officers: Victoria K. Hann, president; Marilyn A.