In 1952 the Pan-Hellenic Council was lead by Phyllis M. Lamont, president, and Marjorie E. Heymann, secretary-treasurer, and was composed of two members of each of the four sororities on campus. In addition to organizing the two weeks of fall rush, Pan-Hellenic focused on organizing the all-college Doll Dance before the winter recess. To enter the Doll Dance, participants had to bring a doll to donate to the children of prisoners; attendees were entertained by skits presented by the new pledge classes.
Panhellenic in 1923-1924 consisted of Pi Beta Phi, Chi Omega, Phi Mu, and a local sorority, Zeta Eta Phi. The Consitution regulates the struction of Panhel and also the rules for rushing. During the first week of school, all women participate in a "Little Sister" plan sponsored by the Y.W.C.A. All women in sororities must not reveal their membership during this week.Â After this week and prior to rushing, no new girls and present sorority members may associate socially or discuss Greek life. Bids were sent out the first Thursday after Thanksgiving.
The Dickinson College Panhellenic Association celebrated 100 years at the College in 2007. All current sorority members on campus attended and the Mayor of Carlisle made a proclamation declaring March 5 as "Dickinson College Panhellenic Badge Day". The sororities on campus at this time were: Delta Nu, Kappa Alpha Theta, and Pi Beta Phi.
The Dickinson College Pan-Hellenic Council is an organization that is comprised of and serves all of the women's fraternities on campus.Â In 1950, the purposes of the Pan-Hellenic Council were to compile rules governing processes such as rush, pledging, and initiation on campus.Â They also generally supported interfraternity relations on campus.Â Two delegates from each of the women's fraternities on campus comprised the Pan-Hellenic Council.Â Edna Mae Ferguson served as President and Lynn Andersen was the Secretary-Treasurer in 1950.